Kurtis planned a surprise trip to Disneyland this year...that's right, Kurtis. One day Tate asked if we could go to Disneyland and I told him probably not this year, so later that night Kurtis asked me why we couldn't go this year. I rattled off a few excuses and then he proceeded to ask me what I would do if he said he already had the trip booked. Cause he did. Surprise!!! I'm glad he thought of it and surprised us all, it was way fun and a vacation way overdue!
We decided not to tell the kids until the day we left. So we came home from church one Sunday and I made Mickey Mouse pancakes for lunch. I wrote a message on each of them to give them clues we were going. Halle's said "UR", Tate's said "Going 2", and Austin's was just a plain pancake. So they had to guess what it meant. It took longer than I thought it would, but they FINALLY caught on. Austin was way excited, Halle didn't know what was going on, and Tate just kinda sat there. I asked him if he knew when we were going and he said, "probably in like 10 years". When I told him we were going that day he was way more excited:) So we took our usual Sunday naps (can't go without those) and headed on our way!
We went to Primm the first night then the rest of the way the next day. We headed to a Dodgers game the first night, we love going to baseball games.
We hit the trail early the next day for our first day in Disneyland! Needless to say, the kids were so excited. We had to check out the new Cars Land first thing. It's such a cute place, and super busy!
We made our way through California Adventure the first day. Halle loved the Bugs Life rides.
Can't ya tell she loved the rides??! She was not liking being buckled in at first.
Gotta love Grizzly Bear Rapids. Way fun and way wet!
Standing in line....again
We all have scary eyes in this picture, but just wanted Halle to remember how much she liked it:)
Halle's favorite part, by far, of the whole entire trip, was standing in line and hanging on the rails. She was like a little gymnast.
Doesn't get much better than riding in a shaded stroller eating Teddy Grahams!
The Toy Story ride was one of the kids favorites. Halle liked the 3-D glasses
The character parade in California Adventure was really cute. We could here the music before the parade got to us and the kids were jammin' out. Halle has some good moves:)
Cars Land is so cute at night, looks exactly like it does on the movie
Our first Mickey Mouse sighting was that night! The kids were pretty excited, Halle was pretty nervous at first.
We were pooped after that first day. We had gotten there at 8 that morning and left California Adventure at 11. Of course Disneyland is open until 12 so Austin and Kurtis headed over there for a ride on Star Tours. So I carried Halle and 3 stuffed animals across the street and down the road to our hotel. With the other hand I held Tate's hand while he was sleep walking back to the hotel. He for reals was falling asleep while we were walking. His head kept bobbing and I think his eyes were closed most of the way. So funny to watch. Of course when we got back to the hotel he didn't want to go to bed cuz he said he wasn't tired at all:)
Day 2 started in Disneyland and a visit with Donal Duck. It's funny to see Halle in all these pictures....very unsure of all of them.
We went on the Whinnie the Pooh ride lots, Halle wasn't sure of it the first time around
The one and only character she didn't freak out at was Minnie Mouse. She was excited to see her and even got within arms reach of her...but not about to get any closer. And I think Austin is liking that Minnie had her arm around him:)
Toon Town!
We went on It's a Small World quite a few times, it was Halle's favorite by far. And it's now one of the songs we have to sing every night before bed!
Dumbo was fun too
Austin LOVES the ride Star Tours. Went on it a jillion times. Here's the boys before going on it for probably the 10th time in one day.
Day 3 started early, especially for Kurtis. He went over to hopefully get in line for Radiator Springs racers but couldn't get in to California Adventure early. The boys ended up going and waiting in line with him while Halle and I slept in! They were troopers and waited in line for 2 and 1/2 hours!!! The ride was really fun and worth the wait...so they say. I got to do the riders swap so I only had to wait for about 15 minutes to get on. And they boys got to come with me again so that made it even more worth the wait.
Luigi's Tires
More Small World!
The kids wanted hats for souvenirs, and getting a decent picture of them wearing the hats was impossible, thus the billion picture attempts....
Halle was just starting to get into Princess things before we left for Disneyland. It's about time!!! She got some princess bath toys and had to open them in the hotel room to play with.
Day 4 at Disneyland....that's a lot of days at Disneyland. The kids had fun at Disney Live on Stage, Halle's striking quite the pose
Tate saw the dog from Up that day. Kurtis and Austin were on Grizzly Bear Rapids when we saw him, and Halle wasn't getting anywhere near a big stuffed dog.
I was surprised at how brave Austin and Tate were on the rides. Austin went on all the rides, even went on Tower of Terror with me which I didn't think he would do. And Tate went on every ride he was tall enough to go on, most of them more than once. I didn't think he was tall enough for Tower of Terror so I didn't take him, come to find out he was tall enough and he begged for 2 days to take him on it. Don't think he would have been a fan though. Austin loved the roller coaster, we went on it 4 or 5 times. This is the picture it took of us....Austin looks like he's having a blast, I look deformed:)
We were lucky to see lots of characters around during the 4 days, Goofy was last but not least!
After standing in line in the scorching sun for what seemed like forever waiting to go on Toy Story again, we decided Disneyland had lost it's magic and it was time to get outta there!!! We didn't last too long on Day 4, just enough for the kids to go on a favorite ride one more time.
We left and headed over to the hotel to go swimming. They had a really fun pool that the kids were excited for. We got all dressed up and headed down....just to find out that most of the pool was closed cuz someone had a little accident. And closed meaning closed for the rest of the day. They had one little splash pool that stayed open that was great for Halle.
That night we went to an Angels game. LOVE Angels games!! Such a fun atmosphere, the kids loved it.
Even had fireworks after the game
The best part of Angel's games is that you can get pretty good seats without having to pay very much!
We decided to try out the pool one more time before we had to check out of the hotel. Couldn't get Halle to go down the slides much, finally did and this is what happened-she's in that splash of water somewhere:)
Austin-coming down the slide that he was a little too big for:)
She would have stayed in this pool all day
Tate coming down the swirly slide
Pretty cute trio of kiddos!
We had such a great time together and I'm so glad we had the chance to go. Can't believe how much the kids have grown since the last time we went 3 years ago. Time flies! Austin and Tate are already marking their calendars for the next time we get to go...they think we're going in three years again when Halle turns five. We'll see :)
































No comments:
Post a Comment