Saturday, August 13, 2011

Our 4th of July

Our family always looks forward to the 4th of July in Delta. Great traditions and great fun.

The Kiddie Parade was tons of fun for the kids this year, and they were excited for the big parade on the 4th because they got to ride on the Service Drug float and throw candy. We always sit in front of the old Chevron so of course I told the boys to sit on that side of the float so we could see them and of course they sat on the other side. So needless to say I have no pictures of them on the float.

Halle didn't get to ride the float...maybe she was feeling left out and that's why she wouldn't smile all morning.

And once the Service Drug float was done the boys rushed down to catch the end of the parade....and Tate was a ball of fun too. Gotta love that lip stickin' out on that pouty face...drama.I mentioned last time how much my mom's friend and her family love coming to Delta for the 4th. This is their daughter Tayci with the boys....Tate still being really fun. Before the parade I called my mom to see if Tayci wanted to ride on the float with the boys. She was so excited! Her Mom asked her if she wanted to and she could hardly believe it. She said it was her dream come true to ride on a float in a parade. Too cute. Of course we headed to the park after the parade for games and food...for some reason Navajo Tacos on the 4th of July are sooo good to me!


We always have to take a ride on the stinky horses:)


Not a great picture but this is our niece Kelsey with Tate on the horse

Halle had to hang out on the grass while the big kids got to play....she would have rather been eating sticks anyways! After the park Halle and I headed home for a nap, the boys went to the pool with the cousins, and Kurtis went golfing with his brothers. The nap was the best option by far!!!


We then headed to my parent's house for the annual BBQ. The one where you eat cuz it's a BBQ and that's what ya do even though you're still full from eating a huge lunch at the park:)


Tate loved the sandbox.... Halle loved the swing.... and Austin loved having someone to play basketball with.


We went out to our usual spot to watch the fireworks, out by the ballfields. I wasn't sure how Halle was gonna react to the fireworks. She cried and was whiny but didn't want me to hold her. So I stopped trying to be a loving mother and put her down and she crawled over to the hard cement, to be alone in the dark, and sat there by herself and watched the fireworks. Every time I put her down outside she heads straight for the cement. Even when we're out playing coed softball she's dying to get down and crawl around on the cement. It's crazy and makes my knees and feet hurt when I watch her.

This picture is kinda dark, but that's her watching the fireworks all alone.

We were all so tired at the end of the day. Tate barely made it home awake after the fireworks. We were home maybe two minutes when I walked in the family room and found him sleeping on the chair standing up. The 4th of July is a lot of work for a kid! We once again had a great 4th, and with the way time is going we'll be celebrating it again in like a week! The only thing I don't like about the 4th of July is that it seems like once it's over the summer is pretty much over. And here we are already with less than a week till school starts!

No comments: