We were all pretty tired by Day 8. Especially after the late night at the baseball game. We jumped on a ferry and headed to Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty.
The Statue of Liberty was cool, even though it wasn't quite as tall as I thought it would be. We didn't get to go to the top of it, apparently that takes reservations way in advance. So we just walked around the outside of it and enjoyed the view.
We got off the ferry at Battery Park. I guess this place used to be packed with people selling stuff but they've backed down a lot and we didn't see one person selling anything. We did see some funny people dressed up and painted like the Statue of Liberty trying to get you to pay them for getting a picture with them. No thanks!
They have this cool ball in the middle of the park. This was a sphere that was sitting between the Twin Towers when they stood. They moved it to this spot and set up a memorial there. I wish they would have had a before and after picture cuz I'm not quite sure how much damage was done when the towers fell. It was a cool thing to see.
And here we are in front of the Brooklyn Bridge. This picture was taken from the south sea port which was a fun place for shopping. We made some deals on sunglasses here, it was kinda funny. This guy was selling stuff and as we walked by he whispered to us and asked if were were looking for sunglasses. We said sure so he pulled out his secret black bag from behind and started pulling out Oakleys and Chanelles and blah blah. He tried to get us to go 2 pair for $60 and we said no way. So we got him to go for 2 for $40, then tried to get 2 for $20. He wouldn't go for it so I said I didn't need them if he wouldn't give us that price. He said no so we started walking away and all of a sudden 2 for $20 sounded good enough for him. I was quite proud of our bargaining skills:)
After that we went to China town for some cheap shopping. Picked ourselves up some souvenirs and some fun purses from the scary back rooms!
We had such a great time on this trip and saw so many things. We were for sure tired and it took a while to catch up once we got home. Worth it though! It was fun to get to spend time with Kurtis without the kids but we definitely missed them a ton and were ready to get home and see them. They were glad to see us too, but more excited to see what we brought them! Halle crawled as fast as she could to us when we got home. I cried when we left her and cried again when I saw her! We got home way late on a Wednesday night and the next day was Halle and Austin's birthday so the party continued! Good times!

2 comments:
Sounds like so much fun and thanks for the quick history lesson :) I don't remember anything from history! Lets take a girls trip to NY one day!
I loved reading about your trip...so fun! I need to start saving my money so I can go with all my boys! We need stairs like those here and they would get us in shape in a hurry:)
Post a Comment