And you gotta love the times around the campfire, oh the stories that were told!:) I think they make a cute couple. Hope the Winters believe in arranged marriages!
We had lots of fun things for the kids to do to try and keep them busy. We usually do a scavenger hunt, and this years clues were our best so far! This is a picture of the kids at their final desination finding the jackpot! This is one of those "you had to be there moments", but I still laugh when I read our last clue. See that palat in the picture below? Well the stash was behind that, but we didn't think all the kids knew what a palat was so this was the clue: "Hold hands and go slow, you'll have to find wood, but not a tree, I'm leaning against a tree, you can see me near the fire, but you have to walk away from the fire." How great is that? And believe it or not they went right to it!
Wouldn't be camping without a game of horse shoes! The kids also had lots of fun breaking a pinata and decorating shirts. None of the fun ideas were mine so hats off to the other moms! My boys really loved the shirt idea and Austin could hardly wait for it to dry so he could put it on!
This is all the kids with their shirts on, Tate was really happy about getting his picture taken.
And the best part of camping comes when the kids are in bed and the games begin. Pictionary is a camping tradition, and this years showdown was one of the best! It's always boys vs. girls and listen up girls...we have got to quit letting them win! This is the boys getting excited cuz they finally got one right!:) I think the words "black hole" and "face-lift" will go down in Pictionary history! (ok so the boys may have won, but what a comeback by the girls! The end result is still controversial)
And this is all of us in front of the cabin, what a good lookin' crew! We had so much fun and wish it could have lasted longer. Can't wait for next year!

2 comments:
So so so much fun! That clue!! Oh my heck, I'm dyin laughin! I love the pictionary pics...wow, us girls really gotta beef up our game next time :) But what a come back you're right. Thanks again for lettin' us use the Topham cabin...that was the best part, still camping with running water and a toliet! Perfect!
That sounds like so much fun! You guys had lots of good laughs.
Post a Comment