Friday, November 9, 2012

Summer Baseball & Little League Football

Austin has enjoyed playing baseball this year, and he got to go play with a Delta team in a summer league.  They played on 4 different Saturdays, 2 games each day, and they played up in Salem. It was really fun to watch, but I'm glad it was only 4 days and I'm glad we didn't have to go any farther than Salem:) I think they maybe won one of the eight games, but they all improved over the month and had a lot of fun. It was a 9 and under team, and most of the kids on the team are still in coach pitch.  The teams they played against were pretty serious about it, but I'm sure our kids had way more fun than they did.  

Austin taking a lead on first base...
 Austin T playing first base while Austin C is pitching:)
 Up to bat!
 When 8 and 9 year olds are pitching there's a lot of ducking going on....
 Austin catching...
 Leading off first base, with Kurtis as the first base coach that day
 Austin played catcher quite a bit and really liked it

He was pretty timid at the first of the season, but learned to be not quite so afraid and more aggressive. It was fun to see him improve and gain a little more confidence 
And pitching...

The whole team...Austin is standing next to Coach Larsen


Another season of Little League Football in the books too.  They had such a fun team and I think they all had a great time. 
They ended up taking first place! Way to go Saints!!


No comments: