The second day Kurtis and I headed to the Holocaust Museum to stand in line for tickets while the rest of the group went to Arlington Cemetery. We ended up meeting up with them at the cemetery for just a bit. This is a picture from the top of the cemetery at Robert E. Lee's house.
We then went to the Holocaust Museum (still amazing and a tear jerker the second time around) and then to Mount Vernon.
Can't go there without getting a group picture behind the house!
And wouldn't be a trip with middle school kids if we didn't take a picture of everyone pulling weird faces:)
Us in Washington's back yard. Wish I had that view from my back porch!
The ladies at Washington's Tomb

The ladies and Lloyd at Washington's Tomb:) We teased that we were his five wives:)
That night we went to Alexandria, a place I would love to have a second home at, and did the Ghost Tour. The guy dressed up standing on the ledge was our guide, actually the same guy we had last year for the tour. He's really funny and kept the kids attention. I thought this was a good picture...some of those kids faces crack me up:)
The last stop was at the Iwo Jima Memorial, also very pretty at night.



No comments:
Post a Comment