Wednesday, August 15, 2012

East Coast Trip Day 1

At the end of each school year Kurtis gets to take a group of kids to the East Coast to visit some historical sites.  I got to go with him again this year and I think it was another great trip! This is Kurtis' second time going and being head man in charge.....he has many, many trips to the East Coast ahead of him I'm afraid:)

This year our flight didn't leave until around 10 am, so we got to the Washington D.C. area just before it got dark.  It was fun to see some of the monuments in the dark, all lit up. 

Lincoln Memorial
 Us sitting between the Lincoln and Washington Memorials



We got to the World War II memorial just as it started to rain.  It was still fun to see it all lit up. 
 It started to pour while we were there.  I think Steph was the only one that didn't have her umbrella packed in her carry-on underneath the bus.  We were soaked!!
 You can see the Washington Memorial from the WWII memorial as well
 This is the Wall of Stars at the WWII Memorial.  It's full of gold stars, one for each person that died in the war. 

 By the time we made it to the Korean War Memorial it was raining cats and dogs and we were dripping wet.  I was a little disappointed cuz I really wanted to see and get some pictures of this one at night but it wasn't happening.  Way too much water!!  I did take a chance and got a little extra wet to get a picture of this part of the memorial. It's one of my favorites. 

At the end of Day 1 we were super wet and cold....who woulda thought we would be freezing in DC in June??!!

No comments: