Sunday, July 1, 2012

Soccer Season 2012

Springtime means time for soccer and it's already come and gone.  We had so much fun watching Tate and Austin this year.

Tate's up for anything, especially if Austin is doing it, so he was excited to get out and start soccer.  They had such a cute, fun team.  Soccer at this age is nothing more than chasing the ball together as a group....or staying at one end of the field close to the water bottle:)  These little boys had us laughing every week.  

Coach Droubay did such a good job, it takes lots of patience to coach 4 and 5 year olds while they're running around not listening to ya.  
That's Tate on the left, and the kid in front of him is Aarth, the biggest five year old I've ever seen:)  He seriously cracks me up, I just look at him and have to smile.  Him and Tate are buds, stemming from what I think was a love/hate preschool friendship.  Tate would always come home and talk about Aarth, and when we would see Aarth he was so excited to see Tate.  Most of Tate's bruises or scrapes involved Aarth, but Tate didn't mind.  That's just what happens when ya play tackle football with someone twice your size:)  I could go on and on about him, and for those of you that know him you know where I'm coming from!  In one of the first games Tate scored a goal, which was followed by Aarth picking him up and running down the field with him.  So funny.  
There was always lots of herdball and falling down  
 Tate had a great time and got to be pretty good at dribbling the ball down the field.  Good times!

Austin wasn't really sure he wanted to play this year, but he decided to go for it and I think he's really glad he did.  He improved lots this year, and it was fun to watch what a soccer game is really like! This year seemed to be the turning point from herdball to actual soccer.  They learned how to play positions and worked really well together as a team.  He had a great coach and made some new friends.  





We're not really a soccer family, neither Kurtis or I ever played soccer so we pretty much know nothing about the game.  But it's growing on us and it's fun to watch the boys play and get excited about it.  Hopefully they'll want to play again next year!

No comments: