Thursday, January 19, 2012

Annual Albrecht family Christmas Party!!

Every December we have a Christmas party with my mom's family. It's a little different now that my grandpa and grandma have passed away, but I think it's great that we still try to find time to all get together. If we didn't, I would probably never see these people again! My grandparents had six kids, a million grandkids, and two million great-grandkids:) Ok not quite that many, but there's a whole bunch of us.

We always have a yummy dinner and then we do the nativity and some other fun stuff.

Here's Halle with her mouth full and her wings on getting ready to be an angel for the nativity.
Austin got to be Joseph this year, he was pretty excited!
Halle wasn't sure about being an angel, it's so out of character for her:) We always have LOTS of angels at our nativity!


Tate and Aiden got to be wisemen this year, pretty cute ones too!
Looks like Tate is trying to take a bite out of his frankincense, and Aiden and Halle have about had it by this point
This is most of the nativity kids, we have lots of older great-grandkids in the family that got to be narrators or were lucky enough to be able to just sit and watch. It's just so embarrassing to be in the nativity if you're older than 10:)
This is Brycen's cute little boy Maddox, he's such a doll

The kids always look forward to singing Christmas songs while Uncle Calvin plays the accordion. It's one of my favorite parts too. The kids got into it this year and were dancing all over the place. Halle loved it!

This picture was before the dancing started, when he first pulled out the accordion. I think they were in awe of it for the first while, and I don't blame them, it's such a crazy instrument!!
We also played a shortened version of sing-off with a microphone that made your voice sound weird and Austin was one of the finalists!! Every family had to have a representative and I was surprised that Austin was so willing to be ours. He did great and I think he even had fun!

Some of the kids like to have a little talent show and I couldn't pass up getting a picture of this. This is my cousin's son, I'm not sure how old he is but I would say around 8. He had this little accordion he played and we were all way impressed! His mom said it was her nephews, but he had grown out of it so they passed it along to them. He had pretty much taught himself to play it and they had gotten it less than a week before our party. He was playing it like he'd had it for months!
One last picture of Halle, Austin, Karsan, and Weston singing Christmas songs. I have such great memories of all the times I spent with my cousins as a kid, hope my kids make some good memories too!

No comments: