Friday, July 22, 2011

East Coast Trip Day 1: Washington D.C.

Way back when I was in 8th grade I went on a fun trip back East with Mr. Styler and a bunch of 8th graders. Sad to say, I don't remember too much from that trip so I'm glad I got the chance to go back there again this year. I still went with a bunch of 8th graders, but this time I got to go with Kurtis since he is the new Mr. Styler:) Mr. Styler did this trip every year with a herd of kids for 15 years and has now passed the job on to Kurtis! So one year down babe and 14 to go!:)


We started the trip off with a red eye flight leaving Salt Lake. Needless to say we were super tired when we got to Washington D.C. Our first stop was the Air and Space Musuem and then on to a Nationals game. It was fun to be at the park but it was sooooo HOT! I swear I've never been that hot in my entire life. We were dripping from just sitting there. On the news that night it said the temperature broke a 100 year record! I was thinking we were in for big trouble the rest of the trip but luckily it cooled down a lot and was near perfect weather the rest of the trip. The weird thing was that night while we were eating dinner, mind you it's still 100 degrees outside, we look out and it's totally hailing. So weird.



Anyways, we had fun at the game even though we almost died of heat. There's just something about the atmosphere of a baseball game!

This picture isn't great, but at every Nationals game they do this "President's race" where they have these mascots representing different presidents and they run around the field in a race. It's funny cuz they all have small bodies and huge heads and can barely run.
The scoreboards are huge!


After the game we headed to the American History Museum. They have lots of cool stuff like Dorothy's Shoes....

and Lincoln's hat....



and whatever this is.....


and we were so disappointed cuz they took out Seinfeld's puffy shirt that was on display for a long time! Kurtis is a huge Seinfeld fan so we were disappointed.

We were all so tired and kinda glad that it ended up hailing despite the heat wave so that we could go back to the motel early and catch some zzzzz's!

1 comment:

jamie @ [kreyv] said...

That is so cool that you got to go again...and many more times in the future! Such fun places to visit and way more places than when we went back in the day!