A few weeks ago some friends and I headed to good ol' Moab to run in a half marathon. It's been a really long time since I've ran a race, like almost 2 years, so I was excited to be back in race mode! It was a long ride to Moab, but it was worth it. Good food, fun shopping, good friends, lots of laughs, more good food, and we all crossed the finish line alive!
The weather wasn't the greatest. It was so super windy (which never happens in Delta:))and pretty cold at the starting line. It TOTALLY went against my running in the wind rules, I hate running when it's windy. In fact, if there would have been a vehicle going to the bottom of the canyon I was all for jumping on and skipping out on the race. I'm a wimp. But I'm glad there wasn't, it turned out not so bad. The wind definitely made it harder, but it was a beautiful course and I'm glad we did it and hope we can do it again.
The best part of the race was the finish line. Not just because we could stop running, but because of the food they had! Bananas, oranges, chips, string cheese, chocolate milk, cinnamon chip bread, chocolate chip cookies, chocolate cookies, and Hershey's chocolates. I might sign up again just for the food!
We found some fun shops to venture into the day before the race and found some matching shirts for the race. We had a few people comment on our "matchiness" so we must have looked pretty good:) It was a fun weekend and I'm looking forward to the next one...maybe minus the running part:)
We found some fun shops to venture into the day before the race and found some matching shirts for the race. We had a few people comment on our "matchiness" so we must have looked pretty good:) It was a fun weekend and I'm looking forward to the next one...maybe minus the running part:)
Me, Tiff, Michelle, Darla

3 comments:
No joke the finish line was the best part so we could stop running. It was tough but way fun! :) Good luck to us on our next race!!!!
Can everyone quit blogging about how fun this race was?! You're right though, the good food and matching friends made it all worth it!
Oh my Stacia you are so stinkin' SKINNY! You look great...you all do. Congrats on your race. Sounds like you guys rocked it.
Post a Comment