Warning: I posted lots of pictures, I've been making books out of my blog and it's just way too big of a pain to go back and put in pictures that I didn't put on the blog so I'm now putting every single dingle picture I take on here to makes things a little easier on myself.
Once again, Christmas has come and gone. It's always such a fun time, I love seeing how excited the kids get even for the simple things at Christmas.
We had the usual Albrecht family party early on in December. We always have yummy food, a pinata, the nativity, some fun song singin', and LOTS of people.
Tate was surprisingly a little shy at first when in came to the pinata, but he livened up and took a crack at it. We always go youngest to oldest and since there's so many kids its usually broken before Austin gets a chance.
It's always a highlight to sing Christmas songs while Uncle Calvin plays the accordian. That's one weird instrument, takes some talent to play that thing!
The kids always have fun acting out the Nativity scene. We have tons of wiseman, shephards, and angels at our parties!
We made plenty of trips to Santa this year. He's always nice enough to show up at our ward party and bring some yummy candy. It's so funny/frustrating how every time the kids see Santa they tell him something new or different they want.


This year we spent Christmas Eve at my parent's house. When it's just the Stephenson's it makes for a much smaller crowd! There was a whoppin' 11 of us! Brycen had to work so he couldn't make it, and usually a couple of my cousins come but they both had to work too. Kurtis' parents even headed out of town this year so we were definitely small in number but it was still lots of fun. Yummy food, fun games, and good company!We always give the kids PJ's on Christmas Eve, and they always get so excited to open a present even though they already know what it is.
Halle enjoyed the paper and bows more than the actual gifts.


Good thing I got slippers this year. They were worn for like half the night and haven't been worn since. 

Kurtis and I are still lucky enough that we get to sleep in on Christmas morning. Austin woke up around 8 then we had to wake up Tate and Halle. Neither of them were very happy about it. Tate's attitude quickly changed after Austin reminded him what day it was. All Tate wanted was big race cars so he loved his new cars and race track.
I just know Halle loved her new leggings and shirts:)
Austin had a list a mile long which consisted of about twenty Wii games and lots of movies. Santa chose a couple of the games and movies off the list and Austin was pretty satisfied. 


Halle would rather play with her feet than with the new toys Santa brought her.
We got the boys jersey's for a gift which we thought they would love. Austin loves BYU right now and was excited for his jersey. Tate loves the Colts right now but was scared of the jersey, whatever that means. He wouldn't even hold it up for a picture so Austin did it for him.
Austin made this cute sign for Kurtis and I at school. I always look so lovely on Christmas morning.
How do you like this smokin' hot night gown Kurtis got me? It was pretty funny, I got a gag gift for him and he got one for me, totally not planned though. He's a little offended I haven't worn it yet.
My gag gift to Kurtis was the game Operation. Long story (gotta write it down so I remember): Kurtis always cuts his own hair, and sometimes he just trims the bottom part up without cutting the top. Well he let the top grow out kinda long for a minute and people kept commenting on how weird his hair looked cuz it kinda had a part in it. Anyways, a lady he works with told him he looked like the guy off the game Operation, so when I saw the game at Alco I couldn't resist. My kids have actually had tons of fun playing that game!
I like to have the kids line up their new stuff and take pictures with it all. Then it ends up getting spread all around the house and I go into panic mode. Sometimes me and lots of stuff don't get along very well. 

Santa brought us Just Dance 2 for the Wii and it's way fun, also quite a workout. We always have breakfast at our house Christmas morning which is lots of fun. I'm mad I forgot to get a picture of the whole crowd. After breakfast we had a little dance off. It was way funny. My dad is always up for a challenge especially when it involves making everyone laugh. He's not known for his dancing skills that's for sure!



2 comments:
I totally know how you feel about not getting along with lots of "stuff" piled all over your house. I've been in organize mode since Christmas. Looks like a fun Christmas with your kiddos and I don't get why you won't wear that nightgown??? It's really pretty.
Your gag gifts kill me! Why is Curtis wearing a hat while holding his operation game?! Looks like lots of fun. It is too bad that Christmas comes and goes so fast!
Post a Comment