Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Halle's Blessing

Last Sunday was Halle's blessing day. I was anxious to get this day here because I feel like she's getting so big so fast and I can hardly stand it! Halle is lucky to have a cousin born just the day before her and she is being blessed the first Sunday in August, so when we (ok mostly me) chose July 25th (Kurtis wanted to do it the second week of August) to bless Halle I didn't realize what a huge meeting it would be that day! The Correy's just returned home from being the mission president of the Indianapolis, Indiana mission (Kurtis' mission!) and their report was the same day which means there were a billion missionaries there to see them. The place was completely packed! I was feeling nervous for Kurtis cuz of all the people, but he did such a great job and gave a beautiful blessing. You would have thought there was no one else around. Proud Dad and Halle, our kids are lucky to have him!

I was totally a slacker and didn't get a picture of the whole family that day which I regret. I would have done it at the same time we took these but Tate wasn't home yet. The rest of us sluffed the rest of church to get ready for the lunch but Tate was faithful and attended all his meetings:) He cried and cried when I told him we were going home and not going to nursery so we let him stay while we went home, what great examples huh:)
She looked so cute and precious in her blessing dress. The sleeves were a little too puffy but she didn't mind them much:)
Gotta love the blue background, I'm such a good photographer

Sometimes she's cute when she's mad:)

It was a great day and we enjoyed having all our family here to celebrate it with us. Thanks for waking up extra early to get here everyone, we really appreciate it!

4 comments:

Kim said...

Looks like a great day. She's adorable!

Michelle said...

Way to go Tate...that is so funny! What a pretty blessing dress! Halle looks so beautiful on her special day!! :)

Jamie said...

She is so cute and the dress is adorable!

Meladie said...

Oh my gosh Stacia, she is gorgeous. Sounds like everything went great.