Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Ogden Tradition!

We decided to head up to Ogden again this year for another fun girl's weekend! For most of us, running was involved, but not for Kim and I! We enjoyed being the chauffeur's and not having to worry about running.
Of course the weekend started off with lunch at the Cheesecake Factory, yum yum! This is really the reason why we go:) We had fun shopping while we were waiting for our table and made it back just in time to be seated. Apparently they kept us waiting longer than they told us they would cuz they gave us three FREE appetizers! What a deal! We stayed at a really nice house in Eden, it was just a little nicer than the Days Inn we stayed at last year. Just a little though:) It was nice to have a place we could all hang out together and be comfy and not have to worry about being mugged!
Dana and Ashley ran the 5K and Darla, Tiff, Dani, and Amber ran the half marathon. They all did awesome, way to go ladies!
And I hate this prego picture of me, but I had to put it in cuz it's the only one I have with all of us in it. Michelle and Shannon ran the whole marathon, that's 26.2 miles! Wow! Way to go gals! I have to admit I teared up when they crossed the finish line, they spent a lot of time training and that is quite the accomplishment! They did awesome!
It was a fun weekend, and can't wait for next year. Hopefully by then I will be able to run again, or maybe this chauffeuring thing is the way to go!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

It was lots of fun once again and so nice not feeling like we were going to get mugged!! Of course you will be running it next year - you are going to be running the marathon! :)