Tuesday, November 10, 2009

October 2009

October just flew right by us, before you know it we'll be posting Christmas pictures...crazy!
I love this time of year, the weather, the leaves, the pumpkins, and everything else about it. I wish it lasted just a little longer.
We usually find a pumpkin patch every year, and this year we found one at the Red Barn. The kids had lots of fun picking out pumpkins and riding behind the tractor.

The boys have also had lots of fun playing in the leaves. My mom called after she had done some mass raking to see if the boys wanted to come jump in the leaves and they loved it.


And last but not least, Halloween! Austin has wanted to be a Steelers player, Ben Roethlisberger, since last Halloween. For a whole YEAR now he's been playing this little game where we pull up to the house and he says whoever gets in the house first gets to be Big Ben for Halloween, second has to be a princess, etc. Well of course he always made it into the house first and he got to be Big Ben this year.
I found a cute cowboy costume for Tate that I thought he would love, but when I brought it home and showed him he cried and ran away! And everytime I would pull it out he would cry and yell "scary guy" and run away. It was the funniest thing, maybe the chaps had too much fringe for him! But he loved wearing Austin's football helmet so I took the cowboy costume back and bought him a Broncos uniform. Maybe we'll shoot for a cowboy next year!

It's always fun to go to the Halloween parade at the school and see all the fun costumes.
They looked pretty cute and had lots of fun trick-or-treating. I think the football uniforms were some pretty good purchases, they wear them almost every day.


I thought this was pretty cute. Austin does a good job of watching out for Tate, and Tate sure likes when Austin's around. Hopefully it stays like that forever!

At our house you pretty much either cheer for the Broncos or you cheer for the Steelers. Austin loves the Steelers and Kurtis loves the Broncos. We're not sure where Austin's love for the Steelers came from cuz Kurtis doesn't care for them at all, but he stands his ground and sticks up for his team! All night Austin would ask Tate if he cheers for the Broncos or the Steelers, and Tate would say Steelers. Then Kurtis would say Steelers or Broncos and Tate would say Broncos. Whatever team they would say last is the team Tate would repeat. It's kinda hard to understand what Tate is even saying in the video, but you get the drift!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

You guys have been having lots of fun! I love this time of year too! Austin and Tate were both awesome football players. I love the picture of them walking together!

Tiff said...

Your boys are so cute! I loved their costumes. Especially the Broncos!!=)

Darla said...

Tate cracks me up! I hope you enjoyed your calm little Austin because I think you are in for it with Tate!! So cute!