Thursday, July 9, 2009

We love the 4th of July!

Another 4th of July has come and gone. I can't believe how fast this summer has flown by. We always looks forward to the 4th in Delta, it's such a party! It seems like people from everywhere come to Delta for the big celebration. Why you ask? Good question! I can't really put my finger on why it's so much fun...it just is! One of my favorite things is seeing people that I haven't seen in a long time, we always see long lost friends!
We started the celebration off with the Kiddie Parade on the 3rd. Austin loves flying down Main Street and we always hope we don't miss him as he rides by! Tate got in on the action this year, and was bringing up the rear of the parade! We knew he wouldn't be too fast, so he started about halfway into it which was plenty for him!

Here he is before joining the big rush of kids, too bad he wasn't looking at the camera!

And here's Austin flying by (he's the one with the blue shirt and balloons!)

Notice the great bike decorating job. Way to go Kurtis! I had to work until 7, which was when the parade started, so Kurtis was once again in charge of getting the kids ready for the parade. I have to admit, he did better than I would have! My mom had some good friends come down for the weekend (again, not from Delta but coming to Delta for the awesome small town celebration!) so their daughter Tayci got to ride in the parade too. After the weekend was over she told her mom she wanted to move to Delta!


The 4th started off with a bang, literally, as the cannons woke us up bright and early! The parade was lots of fun with lots of candy, the best part! Austin got to ride on the Service Drug float, but the pictures didn't turn out too great so I didn't put any in. He had lots of fun waving to his friends from the float and throwing candy.
Kurtis' dad was in the parade this year too!



After the parade we headed to the park for food and games. The kids loved the horse rides. While we were waiting in line Tate just stood and watched the horses go around and around. He loves animals!



After the park we headed home for a nap! Yeah for naps! Then we went to our annual BBQ. We always go with my parents and their/our friends! It's way fun and really yummy food!
This is Tate running around the Killpack's yard. He was loving their putting green until we saw lightning and decided holding golf clubs might not be a great idea! He was pretty mad when we put them away!

Austin lounging and drinking homemade root beer, oh the life of a kid!
We look so forward to the 4th, but are so sad when it's over cuz that means summer is coming to an end! We'll have to enjoy it while it lasts!

3 comments:

Tiff said...

Yeah for the 4th of July in Delta! It really is a lot of fun, I don't know why either, but it is. Glad you had such a good time.

Jamie said...

Looks like you had a busy 4th. Glad that you had such a fun day!

Michelle said...

I agree, Delta on the 4th is a party!! I told Todd if we ever move away we will have to come to Delta for the 4th of July!! Cute pictures and cute boys!