Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Finally our first camping trip of the year!

Before school was out I told myself that we were going to make more camping trips this summer than last, but here we are with summer almost over and we've now been camping only once!

Last weekend we headed to the Beaver Mountains for a couple days of camping fun! When I was a kid we would go there at least once a year, so I have soooo many fun memories of camping there. Thanks to the Styler's for the invite and some more fun memories!

What's camping without a game of baseball! Austin is loving baseball right now and was really getting into it!

Tate had fun playing baseball too, but not as much fun as he had playing with the Styler's dog Buddy. He would absolutely not leave the poor dog alone. He laid on him, pulled his hair, fed him dog biscuits, fed him rocks, fed him potato chips, and followed him everywhere. If we couldn't find Tate, we called for Buddy and Tate came following after him. I guess we need to get ourselves a dog!

They even had a pinata for the kids after dinner, too much fun and TONS of candy!



Maddie & Tate (nursery buddies) & Austin with their loads of candy!
We went on a couple of fun trails for some 4-wheeler rides, my favorite part of camping! Thanks to my parents for letting us borrow their 4-wheelers!



The Henrie's had a little 4-wheeler the kids were having way too much fun on. Austin thought he was pretty big riding on his own. He got pretty brave but was still pretty much out of control...not a good combination! Luckily no crashes!

Tate was wishin' he was big enough to ride by himself too!

On Saturday we rode the 4-wheelers to a place called Three Creeks Reservoir. We got rained on pretty good on the way down, luckily we remembered our ponchos! Tate was riding with me, and about ten minutes into the ride he decided he was tired and fell asleep. So lucky for us that Cassie and Brian were behind us in their Rhino and offered to let Tate lay in the back seat. It was a lifesaver, especially with the rain!
We stopped at this fun place with some cliffs and a stream. Later in the year fresh strawberries and rasberries grow there, it was a pretty little place. Luckily we didn't see any bears!

This was us after being rained on, do we look like Delta basketball fans or what?!

We ended the ride with some fishing. Didn't catch anything big, but it was still fun. Thanks to Brian May for being so good with the kids, he's Austin's new hero!

Thanks again to the Styler's for the invite and for the fun! It made me excited for our next camping trip in a few weeks!

6 comments:

Darla said...

Well, you're doing better than us. I can't seem to find the energy to go camping. Maybe someday.....Looks like fun though!

Tiff said...

That looks like so much fun. I don't think we will get to camping this year. Oh well, my bed is pretty comfy so I'm not to sad!=)

Michelle said...

Way fun! That is too funny about Tate and the dog!! I think when it rains while camping it makes it all that much more fun! :)

Bearden Family said...

That looked like a lot of fun. We just had our first camping trip too. I am just a slacker about blogging. Remember when I came camping with your family years ago??? Good times:)

Jason and Jen said...

looks like so much fun... I'm jealous! I'm not sure if we'll get to camp this year.

Jamie said...

Tate with dog totally reminds me of Jace.....he does the same thing. Looks like you had lots of fun, I am jealous.