Some friends and I had the chance to head to Ogden for the weekend and we had a blast! We said we were going for the Marathon Relay, but really we were going for good food, shopping, and lots of laughs! Now that the race is over and we had so much fun doing it, we can actually say we were going for the run!
First stop, The Cheesecake Factory of course! It was soooo yummy! I'm sure our waitress appreciated us letting her take 5 or 6 pictures of us...probably as much as she appreciated some of us paying her with change! That reminds me, I still owe you 40 cents Tiff!

After some shopping and more eating, we decided we better drive the course so we knew where we were going to be running. By the time we got to the top of the course, it was dark and a couple of our team members were in need of a bathroom! The only place we could find was a scary looking restaurant/bar, and as soon as we pulled up they quickly turned off the open sign. So we decided to try out the porta-potties instead! Of course we decided to rock the potty while they were in there, and I couldn't help but get some pictures of them as they were coming out!
Amber was too busy showing off her hygiene skills and making sure she used the hand sanitizer to even notice the camera!
But we got a good one of Shannon! She claims we somehow hurt her jaw when we shook the john...I think she probably hurt it laughing so loud! She's gonna love that I posted this picture!
After finding out our hotel was a complete dump, getting a little upset with the front desk of two different hotels, making sure the doors were locked so the people a few doors down couldn't get us, some more laughs, and having the front desk call us and tell us to be quiet we finally made it to bed just to wake up a few hours later to load the buses at 5 a.m.!
This is some of us waiting to load a bus to take us to the top! We were running legs 1 & 2 of the relay, and I'm soooo glad we had two teams going so we were never alone!

And this is a self-portrait of us on the way up! Lookin' good!
This is Kim and I at the starting point of the race. It was freezing! They told us it was a whoppin' 28 degrees, and it sure felt like it! Luckily Shannon had supplied us with hand warmers, she should've given us hers too since she forgot to use them! There were so many people there, it was pretty amazing. What was more amazing though was the amount of porta-potties and the line of people waiting to use them!
And this is us at the finish line! Yeah! I really can't believe we were able to find everyone amongst the thousands of people there!
Just had to slip this one of Shannon in, I'm sure she'll really love me now! Poor Shannon was eliminated from a grade school spelling bee because of the darn word "spur". Who knew it wasn't spelled s-p-e-r? Some other members of our team were also eliminated by words a little harder such as "embarrassed" and "rhinoceros". Stupid spelling bees!
And special thanks to our photographer Chad, or should I say the paparazzi! He was taking pictures when we didn't even know it!
Thanks for the way fun weekend girls! Sorry to all for the picture overload, but if I don't put it all in there I'll forget it and it was too fun to forget! I'm so grateful for good friends and a great family who I couldn't wait to get home and see! What a lucky gal I am!

8 comments:
Oh my gosh! Can we go again next weekend? That was so much fun! Why are me and Kim holding hands in all those pictures?!?!
ps...I'm glad I never had a "texting bee" I would have been so SACRED!
I had so much fun seeing you guys this weekend! I'm sad I missed out on the friday stuff, but I still had a blast race day. Thanks again for including me in your Delta-Girls Fun!
Yeah for us! It was so much fun and I can't wait to do it again next year.
Btw...tell Shannon I had so much fun getting to know her. I'm so glad I had someone to wait out that time with! She's so cute.
That was a way fun weekend! I think sleep is totally over-rated because everyone ran so good with no sleep!!! I am already looking forward to next year!
I am jealous of all the yummy food that you guys got to eat. Looks like you had tons of fun!
I was wondering the same thing...why are Darla and I holding hands? I love the candid pics too. So funny. I wonder how fast we'd run if we actually slept the night before.
Post a Comment