Saturday, November 29, 2008

Gettin' ready for Christmas!

I didn't remember my camera at Thanksgiving,
but we had a great one! We spent it with the Topham
clan in Spanish Fork. We're up to about 45 of us now,
and it's lots of fun! We ate TONS of good food and enjoyed
some great company.

But of course, Christmas is just around the corner! I was
excited to get my tree up this year, and I'm still wondering
if it's even worth it. Tate un-decorates the bottom half of it
twenty times a day, and I'm pretty sure I won't be able to put
any presents underneath it until Christmas morning. Oh well!
He was pretty funny though. I had it all done and he started grabbing
anything he could reach and taking it off. I kept saying "No, no Tate",
which of course didn't do anything. I thought I'd just ignore him for a
while and maybe he would get bored with it. After he decided he was
done undecorating, I started putting them back on. He comes right up
to my face, shakes his finger at me and says "NO, NO"! I thought it was
pretty funny!

Here's a picture of our decorated, then un-decorated, then decorated again tree!


This is the tree in Austin's room. He decorated it all by himself!
He put his football helmets on as ornaments. He's all about football
right now, he loves to watch the NFL channel and SportsCenter. So
the helmets as the ornaments fits just right.


Aunt Tammy, this picture is in here just for you! Austin
knows she's a big Cowboys fan, and he's not! He insisted
that we take a picture with the Cowboys helmet and make
sure Aunt Tammy gets a copy of it!


And here's the outside of our house. Kurtis, aka Clark Griswald, was
quite proud of himself. He did a great job, and we've only blown a fuse
twice so far!


We also got to see good ol' Saint Nick today! Austin could
hardly wait to tell him he wanted a Wii, but Tate wasn't
too sure about the whole thing.




I'm excited that it's Christmas time! I love the music, lights,
decorations, and the spirit that Christmas time brings.

7 comments:

Bandi Olsen said...

Your two have such cute kids! I had no clue that Kurtis was the Clark Griswald type...he did a great job.

Darla said...

I'm so excited for Christmas too! Your tree looks so cute. I'm very impressed with Kurtis's Christmas light skills! I really hope Jonah doesn't find out Austin has his own tree or I'm in big trouble!

Jason and Jen said...

Your tree looks great! I know what you mean about the bottom half of the tree. I was telling Jason it feels like it has been years since we had to worry about it, but here we go again!

Kim said...

wow- holy Griswald Christmas! Go Kurtis. I'll have to make sure we take a drive by. Your tree looks so cute. Last year I didn't even attempt to decorate the bottom half of my tree and I'm pretty sure it'll be the same this year. Presents either...definitely presents.

Missy said...

I LOVE Christmas too!! I can't wait to get home so I can decorate!!
Brinley STILL doesn't like Santa!! We'll see about this year!

Tiff said...

Your tree looks so cute. I'm way excited for christmas...mostly for the good food!=)

Cory and Katie said...

YOur house looks great!! We'll have to come and check it out sometime! Happy Holidays