Sunday, July 6, 2008

We LOVE the 4th of July!

I can't believe the 4th of July has come and gone! We really do LOVE the 4th of July in Delta. The only bad thing is that now summer is pretty much over. It will be time for school to start in no time, and I don't feel like summer has even started!
It all started with the Kiddie Parade, or cat parade, as Austin used to call it. Austin was so excited to ride his bike without training wheels. He wanted it decorated days before the parade. He was concentrating way too hard on showing off for the camera to actually look at the camera.
Here he is at the end. I know, my bike decorating skills are pretty boring. Maybe next year I can come up with something a little more exciting!
And here's Tate at the parade! I love his "wings" in this picture! He was too busy eating Cheerios to care much about trying to find Austin in the flurry of kids going 100 miles an hour in front of us!

Here's Kurtis & Tate after the parade. We ended up at Grandma & Grandpa Tophams afterwards for a BBQ. Tate loves his daddy!

And now for the Big Day!
Here's the jets flying over the parade the morning of the 4th. This is probably my favorite part of the parade. I didn't get a picture of the huge plane that flew behing the jets, but it was pretty cool!





Here we are waiting and waiting for the parade to start. We always sit in front of the Chevron, hopefully that will still be able to happen in the years to come, since my Dad has sold the place! I told him our parade seating better be on the top of the contract!


Here's Tate with my brother Brycen. My boys love him!





Here's Austin on the big blow up slide at the park. What a line! That's his cousin Noah in the background cheering him on!


We waited in line for FOREVER & 5 DAYS to get Austin's face painted like Batman, just for him to come home 30 minutes later and go swimming! Oh well, he had fun!


Poor Tate! This is on our way home from the park. He was obviously so tired, but he was still being a sweetheart! This is how we all felt when the day was done, can't wait to do it again next year!

7 comments:

Pearson's said...

Stacia
You left out the part of the best reunion ever. We too love the 4th of July in good 'ol Delta Utah. And can't wait until the next one. It was good seeing you, and the reunion turned out great. Jon was just thankful that Kurtis was there.

Darla said...

I love Delta on the 4th of July, Except.....when I'm 9 months prego and 900 degrees. Your boys are so cute but now Jonah is mad that he didn't ride his bike in the parade. Thanks a lot mom of the year!! ps....sorry my dad threw away all your water bottles! haha!

Cory and Katie said...

Hey it was fun to see you guys on the 4th!!!! Come down to Cedar and play!!!

Meladie said...

I'm glad we at least got to run into you guys at church...I agree with Katie, you guys need to come to Cedar and play! Anyway, cute pictures...I especially liked the one of Tate at the end :) Good luck next weekend in the marathon...maybe we'll get to see ya!?

Brooke said...

Hello Tophams! I am soo glad you stopped on our blog! Looks like the 4th was a lot of fun- your kids are so cute- stop in and say hi on the blog anytime- I'm putting you guys on our list if that's ok! droubayfam.blogspot.com

Cecy said...

Look's like what I remember! Fun! You forgot about the 10 year reunion post! How was it????

Jason and Jen said...

Hey! We found your blog off of Nate and Heidi...maybe we can keep in touch a little better! We are horrible at it! Look's like you guys are having a good summer!