Friday, October 19, 2012

Kiss Me Dirty Mud Run!

We decided to try something a little different for a race this summer. I've always heard the mud runs are way fun so we signed ourselves up to try it out. And what do ya know, it was more fun than we thought it would be!  

We had quite a crew this time, which always makes it fun. The more the merrier! It was fun going with people I know well and people I didn't know so well.  

This is most of the crew in front of Texas Roadhouse the night before
Say Cheese!

This is all of us, pre-run and pre-mud:)  This was an all girls race, and all the money went to cancer research.  It was mostly for fun, they didn't time ya and you could have walked the whole thing as many times as ya want and no one would've known. That's probably what made it fun, it was a very care-free run!

This is us heading under one of the obstacles. There were quite a few obstacles, all of which involved us throwing as much mud as possible at each other.  

This is the end of one of the obstacles, it was towards the end of the race so we were pretty muddy by now
At the end they had a huge runway full of bubbles to kinda clean ya off, didn't work too well though:) 
Some post-run pics. I've never been so dirty, and I haven't eaten that much dirt since I was a kid!!!





 
Afterwards we headed to the horse corrals to spray off:) Freezing cold water that barely took off the top layer of mud. Part of the experience, right???
Fun times were had by all, thanks ladies!

No comments: