We had so much fun with the Red Rock Relay a couple years ago that we thought we'd give it another try this year. Running, especially these kinds of races, is kinda like having a baby---you only remember the good parts so you're crazy enough to do it again:)
The race started at Brianhead and ended, 180 miles later, at Zions. We started this year at 6:15 a.m., early but that's what we wanted so we wouldn't be the last ones crossing the finish line....not that we were last time we ran this race:)
Here we are before the race started, barely awake but ready to go! And sportin' our team shirts too! Our team name was "got runs?", kinda like "got milk?", kinda not:) I think our name fit us pretty good!
Here comes Kim after nailing her first run! She was the last runner for van 1 and was passing off to Michelle, the first runner for van 2. We in van 2 we're ready to get our first legs started!
Van 2 members, minus Carly.
Amber, McKenna, Marci, Michelle, Me, and Kaela
Darla, Me, Erin, Shannon, Cassie, McKenna, Marci, Michelle, Dani, and Amber--joined together again at the exchange point!
Gotta get a picture by the Red Rock Sign! Van 1 was super happy here cuz their first legs were done!
I snapped a picture of Kaela handing off to Amber. It poured during all of Kaela's run and part of Amber's, gotta love it!
After finishing our first legs, we headed to the Pizza Factory for dinner then to Cassie's for a shower. That's one thing we learned from the last race....showering at least once sometime during the race is a really good idea!
We then headed to meet van 2, excited to start our second legs, most of us running in the dark! For some reason the legs ran during the middle of the night are always my favorite, probably because it's dark and I can't see the hills ahead of me. My second run was by far my favorite. Maybe cuz it was in the dark at like 2:00 in the morning, and maybe cuz I had a photo finish at the exchange point where I may have elbowed a girl and cut her off so I could beat her across the line!!!
We then headed to St. George for about an hour of sleep, then off to do our last legs!!!
And apparently I didn't take any more pictures until the end of the race, cuz here I am on my last run which was totally awesome....just ask my van members:) I was totally a wuss at the end of this leg...I apologize to my team members for being such an ornery baby.
Here we are with our three stripes, wearing the proudly!
And here we all are, reunited at the finish line and I think it's safe to say we were all soooo glad it was over!
What a great background for the finish line, eh?

Good job team "got runs?"! Everyone did awesome and I had a great time. Needless to say, I'll probably be dumb enough to sign up for this crazy race again. Any takers?!!

2 comments:
Go team "Got Runs?"!!!! Why is that one crazy girl always wearing that yellow vest...she must really like it! :) Thanks for all you did to organize it again...you are a great team captain. You totally deserved that plastic vizor!!! I agree it is like having a baby. It is always a good time. Plan on me for next time!!!
The yellow vest girl is a little crazy but how about that nice close up of ME! Thanks for that! Good work captain! And no need to apologize....if I would have ran your last leg we would all still be there waiting for me to finish! Got Runs? will definitely be back next year!
Post a Comment