Ya gotta love the 4th of July in Delta! It very well may be my favorite holiday and I look so forward to it every year. I can't really put my finger on whatever it is I like so much about it, it's just all around fun!
The boys have always loved the kids parade and it's fun to see them so excited to have their bikes decorated and to race down a few blocks of main street in like 2 seconds and then get a popsicle at the park. I missed getting a picture of Austin riding by because he came and went so fast, but Tate was a ways behind and was just taking it all in.

The parade is always fun because the kids get to catch so much candy. Austin was so good to help Tate catch a few pieces here and there.
The orange taffy's were apparently Tate's favorite:)
And then there's the festivities at the park. I could really do without the blow-up slides, but the kids had fun. There were like a billion kids in line and a billion more all going down the slide at once. Crazy!
Luckily we had the horses to draw us away from the slides. Tate wasn't sure about the ride at first, good thing he had Austin taking care of him!
Probably my most favorite thing about the 4th of July is seeing old friends that you only see once a year and it's at the park on the 4th. My second favorite thing about this holiday is probably the food at the park, I have Navajo Tacos once a year and I look forward to them every year! The boys were loving their pizza and having a great time with their cousins. Tate was in one of his moods and putting on quite a show for the fam.
Halle was so good and slept through the whole parade and pretty much the whole afternoon at the park. I didn't get a great picture of her on her first 4th of July, but she looked pretty cute.
We always enjoy a BBQ with family and friends the night of the 4th, it's lots of relaxing fun to sit around and chat and eat even more food! My kids definitely love their Grandparents, so I had to snap a picture of Tate and my Mom for good memories!
And then of course there's the fireworks. I didn't get any pictures of them this year, just a picture of Tate and how much he likes fireworks. He spent the whole firework show with his head buried in Grandma's shoulder. What a brave boy!:) 

And then of course there's the fireworks. I didn't get any pictures of them this year, just a picture of Tate and how much he likes fireworks. He spent the whole firework show with his head buried in Grandma's shoulder. What a brave boy!:) 
The only bad thing about the 4th of July is that when it's all over I feel like summer quickly comes to an end. And it seems like it just started!

1 comment:
ummm...how come I didn't see you at the park? Just kidding. I ran into Shanda for a minute and didn't stay long. I've come to the realization that I just dislike big crowds (plus I was there without my hubby and I just KNEW I was going to lose a child in that madhouse). So...I'll have to catch up with you soon and see that cute baby of yours!
Post a Comment