Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A Weekend at Otter Creek

Last weekend we headed over to Otter Creek for a little getaway. My parents and their friends have gone over the last couple of years, but this is the first time we were able to make it. The boys had tons of fun! The men went ice fishing in the mornings and we stayed in the nice warm cabin. Austin loved the ice fishing, even though they didn't catch as many as they would have liked to. We did lots of sledding, ate lots of good food, and played lots of fun games that kept us up way too late!
Did I mention we went sledding? Cause that's pretty much all I took pictures of! We tied the sled behind one of the trucks and the kids loved it. Luckily my boys had Cutler and Carter too keep them company.
Here's Austin and Cutler getting ready for the big day on the ice and in the snow. Pretty funny kids!
By the time I got all of Tate's snow gear on he looked like the kid on the Christmas Story! He could barely walk!

My Mom and I bundled up in our snow clothes too, I looked nice and fluffy! At least we didn't get cold!


There was a tetherball set up outside the cabin, it took me back to my elementary school days! I swear tetherball is way harder now than it used to be. It was quite the game, we were both sweating by the time we were done and I haven't laughed that hard in quite some time. Kurtis fell down a couple times trying to hit the ball, and I nearly peed my pants laughing at him! Good times!
There was also a swingset outside that Tate loved as much as the sledding, I had to do some major bribing to get him off the slide.
I think they had both had enough by this point. I kinda wish we had more snow around here so we could get out and do some more sledding!

6 comments:

Tiff said...

how fun. I love sledding! And you are almost as good as Napoleon at tetherball!=)

WESTWOOD'S said...

I can't believe you were staying like 15 minutes from my house and didn't even come visit. RUDE!! Looks like you had a great time!

Kim said...

That looks like so much fun! The tetherball thing is so funny. I don't even remember playing that as a kid, only seeing them and then watching them on Napoleon. I agree w/ the snow thing and sledding, but I only want it on the grass...not the roads.

Meladie said...

How fun. I love sledding too. That's funny about tetherball...I haven't played that since elementary either. I'm sure that was great!

Michelle said...

Way fun!! It is always good to get away. I am with everyone else...the tetherball sounds hilarious!! :)

Jamie said...

Looks like you guys had alot of fun! I wish it would snow here so we could all go sledding:)