Sunday, February 22, 2009

What a lucky gal am I!

I'm such a lucky girl! I have such a sweet husband and kids. They've been surprising me with stuff for Valentine's Day and my birthday. Not to mention the stuff they come up with for no reason at all.

This is the picture Austin gave me for Valentine's Day. I guess I should say one of the pictures he gave me. He's always writing cute little notes to Kurtis and I, he's a pretty thoughtful little boy. Takes after his Dad I guess, Kurtis is always giving me nice cards or notes or something thoughtful.


And this is the birthday card Austin made for me. Of course it's a football, what else would it be?!


This is the inside of the card, it was so darn cute!

He wouldn't let me see what he was writing inside the card, but he asked me how to spell "Dear" and then he asked me how to spell "stinker". I knew something was up with that last one! In case you can't read it, it says "Dear Mom, I no I am a stinker but I love you. Love, Austin".

And this is the cake he insisted on making me.

The day before my birthday he realized my birthday was coming up, so when we went to the store he had to buy stuff to make a cake with. He chose the flavor of cake, obviously. Most of you know if I had picked it out it would be chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. Anyways, he really wanted to buy the numbers to go on the cake so he says, "Mom, you're turning like 30, right?" Ooohhh, how I quickly reminded him that I was turning 29 and would be that age for the rest of my life! He agreed to keep it that way. He pretty much made and decorated the cake by himself. What a guy!

8 comments:

jamie @ [kreyv] said...

What a thoughtful boy! So priceless!

Jason and Jen said...

What a sweet little boy you have!

Bandi Olsen said...

What a little sweetie! I love the cards, he makes a pretty good football.

Meladie said...

Oh, you are a lucky gal! What a little sweetheart! I love the love notes from kids, they are precious. I'm sad I didn't get to see you guys this weekend...looks like you guys did great! 10k Stacia!?! That's awesome. Oh and Happy Birthday!

Michelle said...

You are lucky and have cute boys! I think staying 29 forever sounds good to me too!!!

Darla said...

You at least need to turn 30 so we can be the same age forever! I love the note from Austin, what a funny little guy! Glad you had a Happy Birthday!

Missy said...

Happy Birthday! You are so lucky! What a cute card Austin made too!
And cute header pic!

Tiff said...

Austin is such a sweetie. We need to celebrate your bday. Next year will be a sad one when we turn the big 3 0!