So last Saturday was the Hobble Creek Half Marathon in Mapleton. It was "fun", but I'm glad it's over! It wouldn't say it was harder than the Bryce run, but it definitely wasn't any easier, unfortunately. Once again, the last 2 miles were the worst. That is, until about an hour after the race when I starting barfing. What's up with that anyways? I felt great when I crossed the finished line, then an hour later it hit me, I was literally "tossing my cookies" which was what they had to eat at the finish line. I'll never eat those again! Thanks again to the Henrie girls for letting me tag along!

It was kind of just a girls trip this time. Kurtis wanted to stay in Delta to watch the football game, and let's face it, you've seen one race you've seen them all! So we went up Friday and did a little shopping, ate at the Brick Oven which was scrumptious, and had a slumber party at Lori's in-laws house. Thanks again, Lori!


Besides the barfing, it was a great weekend. Everyone mark it on the calendar for next year, the more the merrier!
8 comments:
Wow! That is so cool. I am so proud of all of you. Really, that is super impressive! Sorry about the throwing up part! You guys look great! Congrats!
Sounds like fun, except for barfing...yuck! You are awsome, two races in a month! I wish I could run like that!
Oh my gosh Stacia, you are seriously amazing to me! Two races in a month, good for you! I hope to one day be in as good of shape as you, or even half that! I'm not so sure 'bout the running thing yet...especially when you mention "barfing" (that sucks!)...we'll see. Good for you though! That's awesome!
P.S. I think we might be gone on Sunday this weekend! :( We have a fam reunion in Fillmore. But we MAY be coming back...I'll talk to Chad and we'll let ya know. It would be WAY fun to see you guys!
That's awesome! But I don't think I'll be joining you!!
Hey Stacia! It's Maegan Stark, I found your link through Nate and Heidi's. Your boys are absolutely adorable. Looks like you guys are doing good. I love finding people we haven't seen forever! Our blog is starkhappyfamily.blogspot.com.
You are my hero! I need at least a year to decide I can run 13 miles again. I wish you would have said that it was easier than the Bryce one. I did the exact same thing after the Bryce race. I was hanging my head over the toilet about two hours later. Never barfed, but thought I'd faint and barf at the same time. Glad to know I'm not the only one!
That was such a fun run and girls night! I felt sooo bad that you got sick but you are an amazing runner good job! Cant wait for the next big adventure! And I love your family pics they are darling.
Post a Comment